Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return of the Phoenix Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshrock26

re: App: joshrock26

The application submitted by joshrock26 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Snuglez
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Area 52
Level : 110
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Demon Hunter
Spec 1 : Havoc

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Are you applying as a raider or as a general member of the guild? If applying as member, feel free to put "N/A" in the questions about rotations, off-specs, logs, etc.:
Raider

Are you over 18?:
Yes

What server are you currently playing on?:
Area-52

What is the name of your current guild and why are you leaving? :
Currently guildless but I was with Evolve on Area -52 but can't raid three days a week anymore.

Would you like to leave your battle tag so we can contact you easier? If so, do that here. If not, just respond with "no." You will need to check on your application frequently to answer questions that may be posted about logs, etc.:
Snuglz#11693

Do you know someone in RotP? If so, who?:
i don't

Is the character you're adding to RotP your main?:
Yes

What are your expectations of RotP?:
Solid group of players who strive to kill bosses but also enjoy the raid b/c of a good group of people.

How many hours a week do you play?:
11-20 hrs

What is your current equipped iLvl in your main spec?:

Tell us a little about your rotation and talent choices. We don't require 6 paragraphs here, but we would like to know if you understand why you're using "this" ability instead of "that" one.:
Typically run with fel mastery, demon blades, bloodlet, momentum, MotG, and I swap between fel barrage and chaos blades.
I prioritize my momentum buff (20% extra dmg for 4 sec) throughout the fight without getting into trouble mechanically. My logs will show a lot more detail in how I operate my rotation per fight.

Do you use your offspec? If so, what is the iLvl for it and are you proficient with it?:
I dont tank no

What is your progression in this expansions raiding tiers?:
7/7N 5/7H, only option i had was to pug and I refuse to pay for progression.

Our raid schedule will most likely be Tues/Wed (7-10 Server, 8-11 EST) for the foreseeable future. We require around 90% attendance, and do keep track. We DO understand emergencies happen, but in general, can you make those raid times?:
Yes

Please provide a link to logs here. This is very important to us mainly due to the fact it will show us how well you handle taking damage, proficiency with your spec, and yes - even damage/healing numbers. :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y6YbcAfdRW41tLGz#fight=1&type=damage-done

An armory and/or WoW Progress link would be handy. Put that here. :
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Snuglez/simple

Please post a link to a picture of your UI here. The screen shot will need to be during raid.:
not currently at my computer at home, can provide later

While we are extremely keen on our members treating each other with respect, sometimes we go about this in a very non-PC manner. Do you believe yourself to be thick skinned and capable of dealing with people of wildly varying opinions?:
yeah that will not be a problem

Please feel free to tell us anything else you would like us to know about you (raiding, questing, likes/dislikes, what you expect of us, etc.) *not required*:
I have raided since Vanilla but my highlights were US 56th SoO and top 200 US ToT.

Also here is a better breakdown of my logs.

Here are some logs and breakdown of my performance:

Normal EN:
95 percentile on Nythendra ( 261K)
98 percentile on ll'gynoth (294k)
93 percentile on Ursoc (263K)

Heroic EN:
95 percentile on Nythendra (238k)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y6YbcAfdRW41tLGz#fight=1&type=damage-done
95 percentile on Dragons of Nightmare (288K)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8Nkg3APpJbF2zWHT#fight=9&type=damage-done

We won't require you to post ping times, or badger you about your PC. At this point it should be understood these things are unacceptable if not up to par. If your PC can't handle Mythic Raiding we reserve the right to remove you from the roster.

Thank you so much for your interest in RotP we look forward to seeing you in game!!

Muleface
GM
Primal Rager

re: APPROVED - App: joshrock26 - by Cabokaze

DPS numbers look fine overall, and the one fight where we can see the problems page shows potion usage and low damage taken overall. I'd like to see a bit more of that. DPS is important, yes, but around here we pay a bit more attention to potion usage (dps, heal) and damage taken. 

Thank you for getting back to us on the UI shot. We've been running into more issues lately with people either ignoring or not tracking debuffs properly.

Would you be available for a trial this week on Heroic? I'll say ahead of time we typically don't give gear to trials (unless we plan on sharding it) due to being used for this in the past - e.g. "Oh I'm transferring next week no worries. I'm safe." Yeah sure you are. DH being keen on Crit/Vers there's a chance you would get a piece anyway, but a heads-up nonetheless.

Overall I'm optimistic so far. Cabo will be along a bit later and check logs and maybe have some questions for you.

Thanks a bunch for applying!

joshrock26

Not a problem at all I appreciate the quick response of my application. I see no problem at all coming in for a trial in Heroic. I am not worried about gear of course, I would rather be sure the fit into the guild goes both ways. I should be able to get on this evening if there needs to be any further discussion. I would be happy to go over the numbers more and clarify anything than needs it.

Sendorastor
Veteran
I Just Got Started

Hey Mr. DH, I was just running through logs and such and found that most fights you did not use 2 potions. While I love that you put your best foot forward on the logs you linked, we expect potion usage all the time (not just the logs you are linking on guild apps). Also do you know about these awesome things called health tonics? No, no I'm not talking about lock stones (those are trash) I'm talking about Ancient Healing Potions! We expect these to be on hand and used here (I couldn't find any used in the few logs I dug up)

Dps looks good for your ilvl, but I also found you haven't really done any Mythic+ dungeons. Any reason why? Outside of Mythic raid most of the best loot can come from these and they have no lockout. I see that you have at least done 2 of these, but that hardly counts.

Potion usage and some time put in outside of raid are standards when it comes to mythic raiders. Just my 2 cents.

joshrock26

I appreciate the feedback and I have no problems bringing plenty of pots, potions and flask for each raid. All of my kills came from pugs and typically while the group was learning the fights so I did what I could to save them for the better attempts. In saying that though, when it comes to guild progression, it is completely different.

As for Mythic+ dungeons, I had trouble finding groups that would take me even if I had a key and most of them failed. I do understand the quality of gear that comes from Mythic+ dungeons.

I appreciate the feedback and I have a lot of respect for how everything gets looked at when evaluating a player. I will be on tonight if you want to discuss these topics more.

rlane7948
Elder
I Rage a Lot

We try and run mythic plus dungeons here quite a bit. last couple weeks have been slow on it due to people people being busy but since the start of the xpac we have run alot of them.

joshrock26

Ok cool sounds good, I love to run more especially with Kara being released and everything that is in there.

Cabokaze
Elder
I Rage a Lot

Yeah man, what's going on...

... Your logs look pretty good.  If you're available at 7pm Central, tonight, we'll bring you in for heroic to get a few more logs on you as a trial basis.  Once we get some more logs, we'll rock and roll from there.  

If you have questions, I should be on later this afternoon.

I Rage a Little

Logs looked really good last night look forward to seeing you in guild 

Muleface
GM
Primal Rager

He transferred last night. Big welcome!!

joshrock26

Thank you, can't wait to start tearing it up with y'all.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Return of the Phoenix Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum